A New Way Forward
Resilient Futures is a global network of independent thinkers, strategists and practitioners who believe that the world is in the midst of massive change. This impacts everything we do and plan for and creates a context in which ‘business as usual’ is sub-optimal and change can be disorienting. The resulting confusion leads people, business and communities into unfamiliar territory where they perceive change and its complexity as a crisis.
We believe that the complex change we are within is not so much a crisis of events but more a crisis of the way we think about the conditions we are experiencing and the planning and strategy methods we employ to address them.
For instance, a recent global study of CEO’s found that:
- Their organisations are not prepared to manage complexity and capitalise on it for success, and more so, meet the demands of their clients.
- If organisations can embrace complexity it can lead to additional sources of competitive advantage and substantial new revenue streams.
- This advantage can be sustainable because it is not easy for others to quickly learn and copy if managing complexity becomes institutionalised in an organisation.
Organisations and communities are 'complex process poor', often treat complexity as a problem and are very slow to embrace the fact that complex change brings with it huge opportunities. Hence, we believe that generating opportunity within complex change is in itself THE opportunity of this century.
In pursuing this challenge, Resilient Futures provides a strategic difference in:
- Dealing with complex change, its issues, problems and opportunities
- A unique strategy framework – the Resilient Futures Framework
- Understanding the array of conditions impacting organisations and communities at a local and global level, and
- A network through which members can access advice &/or skills transfer around the application of the framework
If you see unsolved problems or unrealised opportunities in your organisation or community, Resilient Futures can help you develop a strategy that will pave the way to you generating opportunity within complex change.
to get involved with the actvities of Resilient Futures